Due to the high salaries of web3 developers in the blockchain sector, many aspiring and seasoned web2 developers aim to learn web3 development.
According to platforms like Web3 Careers, Senior Software Engineers with development experience in Solidity can earn a starting salary of $200,000 a year, and as remote-first work on dispersed teams is typical for many web3 firms, many developers find working in web3 to be an appealing career path.
With all the buzz surrounding blockchain technology and investments in web3 businesses, developers are left wondering how to get started learning web3 development and working in the web3 sector.
Fear not fellow developers! In this article, we will explore a step-by-step guide on how to start learning Web3 development, from following the best builders in this space to learning through guided tutorials.
Step 1: Follow Web3 Developers On Twitter
A few notable names in this space:
- @VitalikButerin – Co-founder of Ethereum
- @aeyakovenko – Co-founder of Solana
- @TimBeiko – core Ethereum developer leading many Ethereum updates
If you want to follow more entrepreneurs in this space, a few personal recommendations include:
@0xMikado – Founder of Zilly Social (a Web3 Social Platform for Communities)
@alexanderhipp – Co-founder of Beyond (a community-tech application, bringing the power of web3 and blockchain to community builders)
@jwarshack – Founder and Developer of Elixir Sound Library(A music sampling NFT platform on the Arbitrum network)
You may follow numerous feeds at once using tools like TweetDeck or RSS, and Twitter Lists are another method to categorize the individuals you follow into distinct niches like DeFi and NFTs or different categories like Ethereum development, Solana development, etc.
Step 2: Check Out Guided Web3 Development Tutorials On YouTube
There are an increasing number of web3 developers on YouTube in addition to Twitter.YouTube is a useful medium for giving detailed explanations of important ideas and for visually demonstrating coding tasks. Some of our favorites are as follows:
1. Web3 Foundation – official Web3 Foundation channel with a ton of useful information
SOURCE: Web3 Foundation – YouTube
2. Patrick Collins – a proponent of developers, talks about programming languages, smart contracts, blockchain, DeFi, and fintech.
SOURCE: Patrick Collins – YouTube
3. Smart Contract Programmer – The 200+ videos on Solidity 0.8 and Viper 0.8 by Smart Contract Programmer are watched by thousands of aspiring Web3 engineers.
Step 3: Complete a Tutorial to Learn & Understand Web3
The next step to understand the fundamentals and begin coding is to follow tutorials. You can complete them at your own pace and they typically don’t require prior knowledge.
Once you’ve completed a couple of guided YouTube Tutorials on various topics centered around Web3 Development, you should have a better understanding of how Web3 works, and be able to start building simple applications.
As a matter of fact, in Metana, some of the most popular projects explored in the Bootcamp program are:
- How to Create an ERC-20 Token – This simple tutorial shows you how to deploy your own ERC-20 token on the testnet
- Build a Web3 App with Solidity – This tutorial uses MetaMask and Hardhat to show you how to create a smart contract, connect a wallet, interact with the contract, and deploy.
- Hardhat Tutorial for Beginners – This tutorial by the developer tool Hardhat explains how to create a project, configure a node.JS environment, use Ethers.js, and develop, debug, and deploy smart contracts
Step 4: Sign Up for a Web3 Developer Bootcamp
A specific topic can be explored in depth by prospective web3 developers through comprehensive bootcamps taught by qualified instructors.
This is what we do here at Metana. We provide Software Engineers with a 4-month, code-focused training to help them become accomplished Web3 Developers.
At the same time, we guarantee them with a job in hand, so that not only are they good at Blockchain development, they also are able to initiate their career in the competitive Web3 space.
See you soon at Metana!
- What is Web3?
Web3 is the next generation of the internet, built on blockchain technology. It is a decentralized and transparent way to build and use the internet.
- Why should I learn Web3?
There are many reasons why you should learn Web3. Here are a few of them:
- Web3 is the future of the internet.
- It is a rapidly growing field with many opportunities.
- It is a challenging and rewarding field to learn.
- It can help you to build decentralized applications (dApps).It can help you to create new business models.
- What are the prerequisites for learning Web3?
There are no strict prerequisites for learning Web3. However, it is helpful to have a basic understanding of programming, blockchain technology, and cryptography.
- What are the best resources for learning Web3?
There are many resources available for learning Web3. Here are a few of the best:
- The Web3 University: This is a great resource for beginners. It offers a comprehensive course on Web3, covering everything from the basics to the advanced concepts.
- The Ethereum Developer Portal: This is the official developer portal for Ethereum. It provides documentation, tutorials, and other resources for developers who want to build on Ethereum.
- The Blockchain Developer Hub: This is a great resource for learning about blockchain technology. It offers tutorials, articles, and other resources for developers who want to build blockchain applications.
- The Cryptography Engineering Blog: This blog provides in-depth articles on cryptography, which is a key technology for Web3.
- The Solidity documentation: Solidity is the programming language for Ethereum. The documentation provides a comprehensive reference for the language.
- What are the different ways to learn Web3?
There are many different ways to learn Web3. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Taking an online course: There are many online courses available for learning Web3. These courses are a great way to learn the basics of Web3 in a structured way.
- Reading books: There are also many books available on Web3. These books can provide a more in-depth understanding of the technology.
- Joining a community: There are many online communities for Web3 developers. These communities can be a great way to learn from other developers and get help with your projects.
- Building projects: The best way to learn Web3 is by building projects. This will help you to solidify your understanding of the technology and learn by doing.
- How long does it take to learn Web3?
The amount of time it takes to learn Web3 depends on your prior experience and how much time you are willing to commit to learning. However, most people can learn the basics of Web3 in a few months.
- What are the challenges of learning Web3?
There are a few challenges associated with learning Web3. Here are a few of them:
- The technology is still new and evolving.
- There is a lot of information available, but it can be difficult to find the best resources.
- The community can be a bit intimidating for beginners.
- The technology can be complex and difficult to understand.
- How can I stay up-to-date on the latest developments in Web3?
There are a few ways to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in Web3. Here are a few of them:
- Follow the news and blogs about Web3.
- Attend conferences and meetups.
- Join online communities.
- Read books and articles about Web3.
- Build projects using Web3 technologies.
- What are the career opportunities in Web3?
There are many career opportunities in Web3. Here are a few of them:
- Blockchain developer
- Decentralized application developer
- Security engineer
- Product manager
- Business development manager
- Marketing manager
- What is the future of Web3?
The future of Web3 is uncertain, but it has the potential to revolutionize the internet. Web3 could make the internet more decentralized, secure, and transparent. It could also create new opportunities for businesses and developers.